Boat Insurance Coverage Options
As the hot summer weather gets closer every day, it is the perfect time to pull your boat out of storage and get ready to head out on the water. While you are loading up your ice chest and making sure that you have enough life jackets, it is important that you are protected with the right boat insurance policy.
Just like other insurance policies, there are many coverage options to consider when investing in boat insurance, including:
- Property damage liability – will provide coverage if you cause damage to another person’s property, including a boat or dock.
- Collision damage – after an accident, collision damage will pay to replace or repair your boat. It is important to keep in mind that collision coverage may not cover the cost to clean up the wreckage.
- Bodily injury liability – if you injure another person with your boat, bodily injury liability coverage will pay for the cost of the medical bills, lost income, legal expenses, and any pain and suffering.
- Comprehensive coverage – will provide coverage for your boat if it is damaged in an incident other than an accident or is stolen or vandalized.
- Additional coverage options – there are many other coverage options that you could invest in, such as personal property, oil spills, roadside assistance, and more. Keep in mind that the more coverage you invest in, the better protected you will be in case of any unfortunate situation.
Contact the insurance experts at Steve Wilk Insurance in Lombard, Illinois for all of your boat insurance coverage needs. As an independent insurance company, we will work with you to ensure that you have the coverage that you deserve, all at the right price to fit your budget.