While you may think of your auto insurance premium as a stagnate number that cannot be altered, you are actually in control of how much you pay each month. There are a variety of factors affecting your auto insurance premium, many of which you can determine. Compiled is a list of 7 ways you can decrease the amount you fork over each month for auto insurance:
- If you have multiple cars, insure them all under the same policy to receive a multi-car discount. Also, having multiple people on one policy can significantly reduce the costs of your auto insurance.
- Make sure to keep your driving record clean. Every moving violation and accident will make a big impact on your auto insurance premium.
- You may be eligible to receive a discount for taking a defensive driving course. Before signing up for the class, ask your auto insurance agent to see if they offer the discount.
- Before immediately signing your renewal each year, be sure to shop around and make sure you are getting the most for your dollar.
- If you are able to, reduce your commute. This will not only help you save money on gas each week, but you will also pay less for auto insurance. Your increased presence on the road puts you at risk for accidents, causing your insurance to be more expensive.
- If you raise your deductible, you will be paying less each month for auto insurance. However, it is imperative that you realize that if you are in an accident, you must be ready to pay the elevated deductible.
- Many individuals are paying for coverage options they don’t need. Make sure to go over your coverage each year before renewing and drop any unnecessary coverage.
Steve Wilk Insurance Agency can help you get the most out of your auto insurance policy. Contact us today and allow us to personalize a unique auto insurance package based on your individual needs.