Let’s get baking!
February is National Bake for Family Month! Want to bake up something sweet and delicious for your loved ones this month? Then try out this delicious recipe for blueberry lemon cake.
Blueberry Lemon Layer Cake
- 1 (15.25oz) box vanilla cake, plus ingredients called for on the box
- Juice and zest of 1 ½ lemons, divided, plus more zest for garnish
- 1 ¾ cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 thin lemon slices, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease three 9-inch cake pans with cooking spray. Line with parchment. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, then stir in juice and zest of 1 lemon.
- In a small bowl, toss 1 cup blueberries and flour until completely coated (to keep the berries from sinking into cake batter). Gently fold blueberries into the batter.
- Divide cake batter evenly among prepared cake pans and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat butter and 2 ½ cups powdered sugar. Add remaining lemon juice and zest and heavy cream and beat until combined, then beat in vanilla and salt. (Add remaining ½ cup powdered sugar as desired for texture and flavor.)
- Place a dab of frosting on a cake plate (to keep the cake in place) and place parchment strips on each side of the cake plate. Place down first cake and top with frosting, then top with second cake and frost. Repeat with the third cake and frost sides.
- Garnish with remaining blueberries, lemon slices, and zest and serve.
This delicious cake is the perfect way to celebrate this National Bake for Family Month. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this February? If so, then contact the experts at Steve Wilk Insurance. Check out our new office today at 310 S Main Street, Suite C, Lombard, IL 60148.