Stay safe on campus with campus safety tips and renters insurance!
As winter break comes to an end, college students around the country are returning to school. Make sure your student is safe with renters insurance and college safety tips.
- Lock your doors and windows. Stay safe by locking up. When you leave doors and windows unlocked it’s an invitation for theft. You’ll be keeping your valuables and roommates safe.
- Protect your valuables. Students tend to bring expensive items with them to campus. Gaming systems, laptops, bicycles, and jewelry are all prime targets for theft. Keep them in a safe place and out of sight. You should also invest in a bike lock and computer lock for extra security and be sure to register your laptop with campus security. In the event that your computer is stolen, they’ll be better able to relocate it.
- Be alert. While you should be comfortable on campus, you should also be vigilant. When walking around campus, especially at night, keep earbuds out of your ears and stick to well lit areas with other people around.
- Walk with a friend. If you are walking around campus late at night, take a buddy. There is safety in number.
- Don’t hesitate to use campus security. Many campuses have security escorts that will walk you home at night. Don’t hesitate to use their services. They’re there to keep you safe.
- Keep a fire extinguisher on hand. Whether you live in the dorms or in off-campus housing, be sure to have a fire extinguisher and smoke detector. In the event of a fire you’ll be able to take charge and stay safe.
Ensure that you’re safe this semester with renters insurance. Renters insurance helps protect you and your personal possessions in the event of theft or disaster. Contact the professionals at Steve Wilk Insurance Agency for assistance finding the best insurance for your lifestyle. Located in Lombard, Illinois, we serve all your personal and commercial insurance needs.