You may be interviewing for a new position. This is a perfect time to ask any questions that are important to you, such as employee health benefits questions, especially if you have a family or a situation where the benefits are very important to you. It’s crucial to find out prior to you accepting the position, because you don’t want any surprises after the fact. Here is a general list of the questions you should ask:
- Do you offer sick, vacation and holiday time? If so, how does it accrue?
- Do you offer health insurance coverage? How many options do you have, and is it just for the employee or does it include family coverage?
- How are those premiums paid?
- Is there a short and long-term disability coverage option?
- Do you assist with education and professional development stipends? Is that just for the employee or does it apply to the family?
- Do you offer flexible spending accounts?
By asking these questions, you also get a better feel on what type of company it is. If you need benefits, start there. For more information on benefits and insurance, contact the Steve Wilk Insurance Agency.