Life is full of changes. Unfortunately, sometimes our insurance policies don’t keep pace. Make it a point to review your auto, home and life policies every few months, to make sure they reflect:
1) Recent changes to your home, family or vehicles
2) Anticipated changes, like a new child or new (teen) driver
3) Your current financial status and personal assets
During your review, ask these questions for each form of insurance:
- Have renovations or additions changed the value or potential risks at my home?
- Could recent improvements to my home security earn a discount?
- Do I need an umbrella policy to cover valuables or items that won’t be fully reimbursed by my policy?
- Does my coverage reflect my current obligations and financial status?
- Have there been changes in who should be listed as beneficiaries?
- Will a new driver need to be added?
- Which vehicle(s) should have the new person listed as driver for insurance purposes?
As you review, remember that moving or buying a new vehicle will also affect your insurance coverage and your premiums.
To discuss recent life changes and your insurance options in Lombard, Illinois and surrounding communities, contact the Steve Wilk Insurance Agency.