Make sure your home is ready for Halloween guests this year.
Between the trick-or-treaters, party guests, and other visitors, your home will get a lot of foot traffic this Halloween. Make sure you avoid any unnecessary accidents that could put a damper on the Halloween fun. Prepare your home this Halloween using this safety advice.
1) Clear any potential walking hazards from your front yard. This includes things like protruding rocks, decorative lawn ornaments, and planters on the ground.
2) If your lawn is covered in fallen leaves, rake them up. Wet leaves could be slippery and could conceal other hazards for your Halloween guests.
3) Make sure your front yard is adequately lit. Switch on the light by your front door and use an old string of Christmas lights to light up your walkway. This is a fun and festive way to make sure your visitors arrive at your front door safely.
1) If you want to decorate your home with jack-o-lanterns, avoid lighting them up with candles. Candles can increase your chances of setting your home, or something else, on fire. Use electric candles, tea lights, or other non-flame lighting sources instead.
2) If you are decorating your home with props this year, make sure they are made of light plastic or rubber. You want to make sure your guests will be okay if one of your decorations accidentally falls on them.
1) During Halloween night, your chances of vehicle vandalism actually double. To keep your car safe, park it in the garage or, at the very least, cover it up on Halloween.
2) If you have pets, keep them away from the front door on Halloween. The constant ringing of your doorbell and the screams of “trick-or-treat!” is enough to rile even the most relaxed pet. An over-excited pet may try to run out the door, or even try to bite your Halloween guests. So, do your best to keep your furry friend calm and confined to a secure part of your home.
Follow these easy Halloween home safety tips to keep everyone safe this year. Another way to keep your home and all your loved ones safe is to have the right insurance coverage. To get the right policy for your needs, contact the team at Steve Wilk Insurance Agency. Located in Illinois, check out our new office at 310 S Main Street, Suite C, Lombard, IL 60148.