Everyone will love this pumpkin holiday recipe!
There is nothing quite like enjoying a sweet treat while sitting around a cozy fire. If you are looking for a delicious and easy holiday recipe that you can enjoy with all of your loved ones, look no further! Try out this dessert recipe that is sure to impress!
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 2 3-ounce packages cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a jellyroll pan.
- Beat the eggs, granulated sugar, lemon juice, and pumpkin together with an electric mixer until smooth. Sift together the ginger, flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add the sifted ingredients to the egg mixture and blend until fully combined. Spread the batter in the jellyroll pan. Sprinkle the dough with the chopped pecans. Bake until a cake tester that is inserted into the center comes out clean, about 14 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a wire rack. Sprinkle some confectioners’ sugar onto a large tea towel and transfer the cake to the towel, folding the sides of the towel over the cake. Roll the cake up in the towel and let cool in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes, or until completely cooled.
- Mix the confectioners’ sugar, butter, vanilla, and cream cheese together with an electric mixer until smooth. Unroll the cooled cake and spread the mixture on top of the cake. Gently re-roll the cake and refrigerate until you are ready to eat. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, slice, and serve!
All of us at Steve Wilk Insurance in Lombard, Illinois would like to wish you and your loved ones a happy holiday season!