Homeowners, prepare your home for the upcoming autumn season.
While the thought of fall may bring a chill to homeowners, ensuring your property is kept clear of damage in autumn weather is a task to take on now!
As we may well be about to face inclement and adverse weather, spare a thought for your home’s health, and add these tasks to your To Do checklist!
- Drain sprinkler systems so that the water does not freeze and burst the pipe.
- Prune shrubs and trees.
- Remove debris and leaves from gutters and downspouts to prevent ice damage.
- Inspect the roof for damage or missing slates.
- Hire a professional to examine and clean the chimney.
- Tune up the boiler or furnace before turning it on.
- Caulk doors and windows that are drafty.
- Test the batteries in your smoke and carbon dioxide alarms.
- Hire a professional to check your heating system. These systems will use fuel more efficiently, last longer, and have fewer problems if properly serviced.
- Change the direction of your ceiling fan to create an upward draft that redistributes warm air from the ceiling.
- Review your homeowners’ insurance.
As you drain your faucets, don’t drain your wallet. Autumn can bring destruction on a home which can take huge expenses to repair and rebuilding. Homeowners insurance is designed to financially aid home repairs after a named peril, such as fire, theft, vandalism, hail, or a natural disaster.
So that your home is protected throughout the fall and year-round contact Steve Wilk Insurance Agency today! Located in Illinois, check out our new office at 310 S Main Street, Suite C, Lombard, IL 60148.