It’s still early going for the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) rollout, yet one thing has become very clear: choosing a health insurance plan has become a lot more complicated. Consider these challenges if you try to enroll on the exchange:
1) You must choose a plan from a variety of levels (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze), each with different monthly premiums, deductibles and co-payments. To complicate matters further, several different providers in Illinois are offering plans at each level.
2) You must evaluate provider networks (doctors, hospitals, other health providers). Many plans have substantially reduced their roster of doctors and hospitals in order to contain costs.
3) If you currently undergo treatment, you will need to determine if any plans include your current providers, or find a plan that does have professionals who can treat your condition in your area.
4) If you own a business and have employees, you will need to evaluate which Obamacare regulations apply, and whether to buy insurance for your company through an exchange.
5) In order to get your questions and concerns answered you may need to contact exchange "navigators" or health insurance companies, a time-consuming process.
A certified agent, experienced in health insurance coverage, can help you navigate the exchanges and investigate your questions and concerns. To learn more about independent insurance services for Lombard, Illinois and surrounding communities, contact Steve Wilk Insurance.