Find out how your auto insurance quote is determined!
Getting an auto insurance quote is the first step in finding the right policy. It helps you determine how much coverage costs you may need. This additional information will help you better compare policies. However, it can be hard to determine how your auto insurance quote is calculated. It’s ultimately determined by the level of risk as determined by your personal information. Learn how your quote is determined so that you have better insight to make the right decision.
- A determining factor in your quote is your age. Less driving experience usually translates to more risk. The younger you are, the less driving time you’ve had, and thus, you see higher insurance rates.
- Studies have shown that men tend to be greater risk takers than women. Whether it’s diving off a cliff or speeding up to run a red light, risky behavior increases the risk of a serious accident. Because men are statistically more likely to take risks, their insurance rates are higher.
- The safer your car, the safer you’ll likely be on the road. When it comes to determining your risk, the type of car you drive plays a role. The safer your car is, the less risk you have of an accident. Therefore, you may see lower insurance rates.
- Your car’s mileage may play a factor in determining your quote. The more you drive means more time spent on the road. While that may not seem like a big deal, especially if you’re a safe driver, more time on the road means a greater chance of getting into an accident. Thus, your insurance rates are higher if you drive more than the average person.
- Driving Record. Your driving record is an indication of your driving habits. If you’ve gotten into multiple accidents and have had a number of driving tickets, you’ve demonstrated that you’re a greater risk. So, your insurance rates tend to be higher than people with perfect driving records.
Make sure that you know how your auto insurance quote is determined. Contact the professionals at Steve Wilk Insurance Agency for assistance finding the best insurance for your lifestyle. Located in Lombard, Illinois, we serve all your personal and commercial insurance needs.