Winter Emergency Car Kit
The cold winter weather is still hanging around, which means it is important to make sure that you are prepared for any unfortunate situation. Having the proper equipment in your car can help to ensure that you stay safe while on the road. Make sure that your car has these things in it to ensure your safety this season.
- Blankets – if you get stuck on the side of the road, you may not be able to keep your car running while you wait for help. Having plenty of warm, thick blankets will help to keep you warm while you wait for help.
- Flares – flares are very easy to see during both the day and night. Shooting a flare in the air is one of the best ways to alert rescuers to your location.
- Wind up radio – if you do not have electricity in your car when you are stuck, a wind up radio can keep you up to date with the weather conditions. Knowing when the weather will improve will let you know when it is safe to get back onto the road.
- Jumper cables – it is not uncommon for cars to not start on cold mornings. Jumper cables can be used to get your car moving, even in the coldest temperatures.
- First aid kit – if someone is hurt in an accident, having a properly stocked first aid kit can help to deal with any injuries while you wait for emergency responders. Make sure that you know what is in your first aid kit and how to use it.
- Flashlight – flashlights can be used to help you see in the dark, as well as to signal for help. Make sure to keep spare batteries in your car as well.
For all of your auto insurance coverage needs and to ensure that you are protected in any weather condition, contact the insurance professionals at Steve Wilk Insurance Agency in Lombard, Illinois.