While summer break is a time to relax and enjoy the down time, it is imperative that you don’t let go of all means to stay healthy and fit. Keep these 7 helpful tips in mind when trying to stay healthy all summer long:
- Always ask yourself if it is really hunger you are feeling or if you are just thirsty.
- Don’t drink your calories. Try to stick to water with fresh fruit or mint, club soda, or unsweetened iced tea.
- Whenever possible, walk or bike instead of drive. If you only have to run to the grocery store for a couple items, take your bike.
- Plan a day each week where you go on a hike with friends or a loved one.
- Make a yogurt and fruit based Popsicle or smoothie to snack on when the summer heats have you feeling tired.
- Load up on fruits and melons!
- Most importantly, remind yourself to drink water throughout the day.
Steve Wilk Insurance strives to provide Illinois residents with outstanding, personalized insurance services. Contact us today for all of your Lombard, Illinois health insurance needs.