5 Tips To Stay Healthy During The Holiday Season
No one wants to be under the weather for the holidays, but unfortunately, change of weather can weaken your immune system. Whether you are shopping, celebrating, or traveling during the holiday season, you can beat the germs and stay healthy for the holidays by keeping these simple tips in mind.
- Clean surroundings. Clean anything you might touch to lessen the spread of germs. This includes door handles, armrests, seatbelts, etc. You never know who last came into contact with the object, so protect yourself from any unwanted germs and illnesses with a little forethought.
- Stay hydrated. If you are dehydrated, you are more vulnerable to viruses and bacteria. Drinking sufficient water can help to flush your system of any germs or illnesses it has picked up. Experts recommend drinking approximately 8 ounces of water an hour to help keep you properly hydrated.
- Stay active. Do not let yourself succumb to the winter weather by giving in to the temptation of staying indoors and becoming a couch potato. Being active boosts not just your metabolism but your immune system as well. Keep your immune system up and running while working off those delicious holiday treats!
- Wash your hands. This may seem like common sense, but your hands touch so many things in the day that you never know what sort of germs you picked up that could be a hazard to your health. Wash your hands regularly throughout the day with clean running water and soap, and consider carrying alcohol-based hand sanitizer for when a sink is not in reach.
- Get plenty of rest. When your body is tired, your immune system does not function as well as it should, leaving you vulnerable to illness. Sleep is a preventative medicine, and though the holidays are busy, try to get enough sleep to stay healthy.
Stay healthy during the holiday season with these easy health tips. Contact the Steve Wilk Insurance Agency in Lombard for all of your Illinois health insurance needs.