End of Winter Tips
Even though spring is just a month away, it still feels like it is the dead of winter. Unless you have a tropical vacation planned, chances are that you are struggling to stay warm. Keep these cold weather tips in mind to help ensure that you stay cozy until the thermostat starts to rise.
- Warm yourself – it is much easier to warm your body temperature than it is to warm an entire room. Put on another layer of clothes or sit under a blanket to warm yourself up instead of reaching for the thermostat.
- Wear a hat – remember all those times your mom reminded you to put a hat on? Well it is still true today. Put a hat on anytime you are starting to feel a little chilly, even if you are inside.
- Swap the fan – switching the direction of your ceiling fan will help to push the warm air down into the living area of your home. This works especially well in rooms that have really high ceilings.
- Change from hot to cold showers – while hot showers will immediately work to warm you up, cold showers can help to improve your overall blood circulation and help build a stronger immune system. Switching between cold and hot will give you the best of both worlds.
- Reuse your pool noodles – use an old pool noodle to block cold air from getting into your home from under your doors. Cut it in half lengthwise, wrap in fabric, and then slide it under the door.
- Bake a pie – while using your oven to heat your house is not a good idea, the heat that it naturally gives off while you are baking can help to keep your home just a little bit warmer.
For all of your home insurance needs and to ensure that your home stays safe through the end of winter, contact the professional insurance agents at Steve Wilk Insurance Agency in Lombard, Illinois.