The cold weather came a little early this year, which means you can start enjoying all of your fun winter activities sooner. While having all of your winter fun this year, it is important to make sure you know how to stay safe. Keep these winter safety tips in mind to ensure that you have an amazing winter season!
- Wear the right safety gear – whenever you are participating in a winter sport, make sure to wear the proper gear, especially a properly fitting helmet.
- Bundle up – when you are venturing outside, make sure to wear the appropriate clothes, including hats, scarves, gloves, and boots.
- Put on sunscreen – protect your skin with sunscreen that has at least 15 SPF each time you go outside. Do not forget lip balm that has at least an SPF of 25 and UV eye protection.
- Take breaks – children get colder much faster than adults. Make sure to bring the kids inside for a break and change out of any wet clothing.
- Drink up – even though you may not feel thirsty, make sure to drink plenty of water when you are enjoying your winter activities.
- Take lessons – if you are a new skier or snowboarder, enroll in lessons to learn basic safety tips and stay safe while on the mountain.
- Check the weather – before you head out, check the weather report. Change your plans if the weather is less than desirable.
Having the right insurance policies is the best way to make sure that you are protected from any unfortunate situation this winter. Contact the insurance professionals at Steve Wilk Insurance Agency in Lombard, Illinois for all of your insurance needs. For any and all of your insurance inquiries, give us a call, today!