Motorcycle Coverage 101
Hopping on your motorcycle is a great way to get to your destination while also enjoying the warm spring and summer weather. However, just like your car, you are required to have the right amount of motorcycle insurance to protect you while you are on the road. Along with the required liability insurance policy, there are many other coverage options to consider to make sure that you are secure. Consider these coverage options to ensure that you have the protection that you deserve.
- Collision coverage – which will cover the cost to repair your bike if you are in an accident with another vehicle.
- Comprehensive coverage – which will provide coverage if your bike is damaged during an incident other than an accident, such as falling objects, theft, or vandalism.
- Personal injury protection – also known as PIP, this coverage will pay for your medical bills if you are injured during an accident, no matter who is at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured coverage – if you are hit by another driver who does not have insurance, or does not have enough insurance coverage, uninsured/underinsured coverage will pay for any damages that you incur.
- Accessory coverage – if you have any after-market accessories on your bike, they are most likely not covered under your basic coverage. Adding accessory coverage can help to make sure that you have the protection you deserve for your customized bike.
- Motorcycle roadside assistance – if you break down on the road, roadside assistance will pay for any towing or labor costs to get your bike running like new.
For all of your motorcycle insurance needs, contact the insurance professionals at Steve Wilk Insurance in Lombard, Illinois. We will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage for your specific needs, all at the right price to fit your budget.