Situations Where You Should File a Home Insurance Claim

Situations Where You Should File a Home Insurance Claim

Contact your home insurance agency immediately if you find yourself in these situations.

While you know that you should call your home insurance provider if your home sustains major damage, you might not know when to contact your insurer otherwise.  Here are some of the other scenarios in which you need to access your homeowners insurance coverage.

  • Someone Injures Themselves on Your Property

While you don’t need to call your insurance provider for every stubbed toe and paper cut that takes place in your home, you should get in touch with your agent if a guest sustains a more serious injury.  This is because your homeowners insurance offers coverage for medical expenses.  By calling your insurer, you can access this coverage, ensure that your guest gets the immediate medical attention that they need, and make your claims process proceed more smoothly.

  • You’ve Become the Victim of Robbery or Vandalism

If your home has been broken into or vandalized, then the first call that you should make is to the police.  After you’ve reported the incident and the police are on the way, you should call your home insurer.  The property portion of your coverage will help you address any damages to your home, and your personal property coverage will help you replace the belongings that were stolen during the incident.

These are some of the scenarios in which you should contact your home insurance provider as soon as possible.  Do you have further questions regarding your homeowners insurance?  If so, then contact the experts at Steve Wilk Insurance.  Our dedicated team is eager to assist you with all your coverage needs today.  Check out our new office at 310 S Main Street, Suite C, Lombard, IL 60148.