Protect your employees from heat-related illnesses with workers’ compensation in Lombard.
As summer approaches and temperatures start to heat up, spending time outside can be dangerous. The sun can create harsh working conditions that can put your employees at risk for heat-related illnesses. Protect your employees from getting hurt (or sick) on the job with workers’ compensation in Lombard, and take precautions to prevent heat-related illnesses. Check out how you can reduce the risk of your employees getting sick.
- Provide enough water on site. When temperatures increase, the body starts to sweat to help itself cool down. But that process causes your body to lose lots of water. Allow your employees the opportunity to stay hydrated so that they can stay healthy.
- Look for shady places to work. When it comes to your workspace, shade can help to keep you a few degrees cooler. Set up shop in the shade whenever possible to lessen the intensity of the sun.
- Take lots of breaks. The hotter it gets, the more breaks that are needed to let the body recuperate. Allow your employees to take breaks throughout the day to lessen any strain on their bodies.
- Look at the weather report. The heat index is a measure of how hot it gets using temperature and humidity. The more the humidity rises, the warmer it feels, and the more frequently the body needs a break. Be wary of the weather report and take it easy on days with a high heat index.
- Know the signs and symptoms of heat illness. That way if your employees exhibit any symptoms, you can get them the help they need right away.
Keep your employees safe in the hot sun with workers’ compensation in Lombard. Contact the professionals at Steve Wilk Insurance Agency for assistance finding the best insurance for your employees and your business. Located in Illinois, we serve all your personal and commercial insurance needs.