Auto insurance considerations for your teen driver.
When it comes to auto insurance, it does not matter how great your teen is. Car insurance companies consider teen drivers some of the riskiest to insure because they do not have a lot of experience and tend to make dangerous maneuvers on the road, which leads to much higher premiums. Luckily, there are some steps that you can take to help lower the cost of your teen’s auto insurance, including:
- Add your teenager to your auto insurance policy. Putting them on their own auto insurance policy will come with a much higher cost.
- Ask your insurance agent about a good student discount. If your teen has at least a “B” average, you may be able to get a discount of up to 20 percent.
- Sign your kid up for a safe driving course that is approved by your insurance company. Not only will it help you save money on your policy, but it can also help to keep them much safer on the roads.
- If your teen attends college at least 100 miles away from home and did not bring their car with them, you may qualify for a distant student discount. You should not take your teen off your policy while they are at school to try and save money in case they come home for a break and want to drive the car.
- If you are buying a new car for your teen, choose a model that has a high safety rating and plenty of safety features to enjoy some discounts.
When looking for the right teen auto insurance policy that will meet your needs, contact Steve Wilk Insurance Agency in Lombard, Illinois. We will work with you to help you find the perfect policy for your specific situation, all at the right price to fit your budget.