One of the biggest factors when calculating the cost of your car insurance is the type of car you plan on insuring. Your age, gender, and past driving history are all relevant factors, but the type of car you drive says something about your preferences and the driving habits you may have. Your insurance agent will be able to discuss these patterns with you when you sit down to go over your policy options. Take a look at some of the most expensive cars to see how your vehicle matches up.
- Mazda – CX Sport Series: The Mazda – CX Sport series is one of the most popular sports cars around. They are small, lightweight, and incredibly fast compared to some of Mazda’s other offerings. This car model and others like it may boost your car insurance costs due to how fast you may drive while you are behind the wheel. If you drive this type of vehicle, take extra precautions and always try to drive within the speed limit.
- Jeep Wrangler Freedom: The Jeep Wrangler Freedom is well-known for its ruggedness and off-road style. People often buy this type of vehicle so as not to be confined to their homes when bad weather hits. Most four-wheel-drive vehicles will allow you to be out and about even when the weather makes it impossible for other types of vehicles to be out on the road. Its versatility makes it a great off-road vehicle too.
- Ford Escape: The Ford Escape is another smaller SUV that is great for families. Like other SUVs, it can make it through many of nature’s temperamental roadblocks even when you have no reason to be outside. The Escape is incredibly versatile and can carry more baggage and boxes than other vehicles close to its size. As a popular vehicle for families, its versatility may make it a popular target for thieves who are looking for valuables that are visible when the car is left unlocked.
- Subaru Outback: The Subaru Outback is an incredibly rugged SUV. Many people purchase Outbacks for off-road excursions like camping and rock climbing. The vehicle’s versatility and off-road capabilities make it a higher risk than other types of cars and trucks.
- Fiat 500X Pop: The Fiat 500X is a popular sports car with many age groups. Sports cars that are known for speed will often draw higher premiums whether you take advantage of their abilities or not. Fiats are one of the more expensive sports brands and usually hold their value quite well.
The type of vehicle you drive will be one of the determining factors when it comes to your insurance premiums. Cars that are known for risk factors like off-road capabilities, high speed, or theft risk will automatically draw higher premiums.
For help obtaining the best car insurance for your expensive car, contact the professionals at Steve Wilk Insurance Agency Inc. today. Our new office is located at 310 S Main Street, Suite C, Lombard, IL 60148.