Serve up this fresh dish this spring!
Want a delicious way to celebrate all of the fresh flavors of spring? Consider preparing this quick and tasty weeknight dinner for your family. Trust us, everyone will be begging for seconds!
Chimichurri Chicken and Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12-oz. fingerling potatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 red Fresno chili, halved crosswise
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place 2 tablespoons water and potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Sprinkle chicken with ½-teaspoon salt and ½-teaspoon black pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Cut half of chili into thin slices; finely chop remaining half. Add potatoes and chili slices to drippings in pan; cook 4 minutes. Stir in ¼-teaspoon salt and 1/8-teaspoon black pepper.
- Place chopped chili, parsley, cilantro, shallots, and garlic in a mini food processor; pulse to combine. Add remaining 3 tablespoons oil, ¼-teaspoon salt, 1/8-teaspoon black pepper, and juice; process until smooth. Serve with chicken and potatoes.
Whip up this fresh and delicious recipe to celebrate the season! Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this spring? Don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at Steve Wilk Insurance Agency. Located in Illinois, check out our new office at 310 S Main Street, Suite C, Lombard, IL 60148.